Saturday, August 06, 2005

What is Magnesium Good for Anyway?

About a year ago I ran across a site about magnesium. The owner of this site has compiled a LOT of research about how a deficiency of magnesium is affecting our health. Check it out.

Anyway, the other day I received my monthly Life Extension magazine. There is an article about Paul Mason and his magnesium site.

That reminded me I wanted to post a recipe for magnesium water that I put together after my first encounter with Mr. Mason's site. The recipe is based on a use patent I found for magnesium.

Here is the recipe...

Take a one liter bottle of seltzer or club soda (about 44 cents at Walmart). Put it in the fridge, it has to be cold. When it's cold, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of unflavored milk of magnesia. Put cap on bottle, shake, and put back in the fridge.

It will be milky at first, but after a few hours it with become clear again. You've now made magnesium bicarbonate water. This recipe will give you about 400 mg. of magnesium per bottle, which is the RDA. Keep it cold. Only make as much as you will use in a day or so. Drink some throughout the day, preferably on an empty stomach.

Read the medical warning on the milk of magnesia bottle. If you have any of the listed conditions, talk to your health professional before using.

From my personal experience, I've been drinking this concoction for about a year now, with no ill effects. I drink a bottle every day, and it does keep my joints, especially the ankles and knees feeling better. It's probably doing the ticker some good too!

Find out more about another Natural Tonic here.


Tags: , , ,

No comments: