Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Kefir or grow your own probiotics at home.

I've always had a fascination for alternative health information. The concept of tonics has been the latest area of interest. Mostly because I turned 50 recently, and some days feel like a need a tonic.

In particular, I've noticed a difference in the efficiency of digestion and associated processes. Diet is important. I usually eat as simply and naturally as possible. (But I'm no saint!)

I've tried digestive enzymes and probiotics with some good results.

But...

...after I started making and consuming real KEFIR, I noticed a major improvement. Kefir is a cultured milk product - real food. You can make it at home for the cost of milk. No pills. It tastes somewhat like buttermilk, with about the same texture.

Try it. Usually you can get the Kefir Grains from someone for the cost of postage. There are directories that list people willing to share their Kefir Grains.

I've set up a page of links to more information about KEFIR here.

Also find the latest scientific research on KEFIR here. Use KEFIR as a search term.

No comments: